The Gumnuts Awards Program is a progressive rating scheme based on the environmental management of tourism businesses which was adopted and enhanced by the Caravan and Camping Industry Association (CCIA) of NSW. To create an eco-friendly and socially responsible park and thereby achieve recognition in the Gumnuts Awards Program, the park’s operations must satisfy criteria and benchmarks under the ten categories of:- Landscaping; Water and Wastewater; Solid Waste; Energy Efficiency; Air and Noise Pollution; Biodiversity Conservation; Economics; Staff; Local Community; and Safety & Emergency Response Planning.
Lakesea Park is now committed to maintaining Gold Gumnut status, placing more emphasis on our environmental sustainability and social responsibility with the implementation of our Environmental Management Plan, which focuses on the major areas of:
- wise water usage and waste water recycling;
- energy efficiency and passive solar energy design;
- support and collaboration with community groups, local council and resource management agencies on local and environmental matters;
- minimisation of both noise and air pollution;
- And, encouraging visitor’s awareness and an appreciation of our surrounding environment, and thus promoting responsible actions towards it.
2007 Environmental Excellence Award
Through our attainment of and commitment to the Gold Gumnuts Award we were awarded the inaugural
Department of Lands – Environmental Award for Excellence for Holiday Parks in June 2007,
in recognition of our actions towards our environmental sustainability and social responsibility.